Post ID: 96
Keto Cheddar One eye egyptian egg
So this was my favorite growing up, one-eyed egyptian aka eggies in a basket (the British name) and I found a way to make it just as good with 0 carbs using the keto cracker recipe. Again, really simple but adds a little variety to our meal plans.
- .5 cup cheese like the keto cracker recipe, the softer the cheese, the harder this is to prepare.
- 1 each egg
- Heat skillet on medium heat. No need to spray or add butter
- spread cheddar out on pan evenly
- crack egg into center of cheese
- Do not disturb this, let the egg spread through the cheese a little and just let the bottom cook
- When you have a crispy outer edge you can flip this and cook until it no longer sticks on the pan… Alternatively you can cover this and have it sunny side up, this takes longer.